Exergy Fuel Cells, a subsidiary of Morphic Technologies AB, has entered into a cooperation with Narbonne Accessoires in Narbonne, France, and signed a Letter Of Intent regarding the exclusive distribution of the Exergy Fuel Cell power systems in the distribution network of Narbonne Accessoires in France and Spain.
Narbonne Accessoires is the leading distributor of accessories for Recreation Vehicles in France and Spain. Following the verification and approval of the products, Narbonne Accessoires will collaborate on the introduction of Exergy’s Fuel Cell systems with the following marketing activities:
– Install a display in each store to demonstrate the product and its technology
– Train its salesmen on fuel cell power advantages compared to traditional systems
– Deliver fuel cartridges in all stores, as available stock
– Communicate the Exergy brand in the Narbonne catalogue (400,000 copies) and inside French and Spanish press
– Introduce the power system on Recreation Vehicles fairs in Paris (Le Bourget September 2009) and in Barcelona (October 2009)
“This agreement means a real break-through for fuel cell power systems for the Recreation Vehicle market segment. For Exergy it is a major achievement to have been selected by a leading supplier of Recreation Vehicles accessories like Narbonne Accessoires,” says Angelo D’Anzi, Managing Director of Exergy Fuel cells.
Morphic Technologies has developed energy systems for different puposes based on the fuel cell and energy conversion technologies within its subsidiaries Exergy Fuel Cells, Helbio and Accagen since the acquisition of these companies in 2007. Several of these products are now ready for commercialization and volume production.
“This co-operation agreement follows our strategy. The modular design of the fuel cell system means that only very minor modifications are necessary to transfer the generic fuel cell system into this customized Recreation Vehicles product. Furthermore, for a consumer product such as this, Narbonne is ideal since all the infrastructure is already present including the important after sales activities.” says Martin Valfridsson, CEO of Morphic Technologies.