Sustainability is a natural part of our business model and SBB strives to be the world’s most sustainable property company. At the UN summit in September 2015, the world’s national leaders adopted 17 global sustainable development goals. The countries of the world have committed to lead the world to a sustainable and fair future from 1 January 2016 until 2030. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development covers the three dimensions of sustainability: social, economic and environmental – Eradicating extreme poverty, reducing inequality and injustice, solving the climate crisis. SBB has set up a sustainability vision for 2020-2030 and a sustainability policy for the concrete implementation of the targets and the vision. Concrete goals within the different focus areas have been formulated and are described under each section. SBB’s sustainability vision, targets and policy are adopted by the Board of Directors and continuously followed up by the CEO together with the Sustainability Manager.
OVERALL SUSTAINABILITY OBJECTIVES
- Govern the company’s operations in line with the UN global sustainable development goals: (5), (7), (8), (11), (13), (15)
- 100 percent climate neutral by 2030
- Minimizing the risks to the company’s assets by continuously reviewing the climate risks in the property portfolio
- The company’s Code of Conduct, which is based on the UN Global Compact, must be followed and understood by all employees and cooperative partners
- Regularly improving, following up and reporting the company’s sustainability work