SBB creates sustainable environments where people want to live, work and stay for a long time. SBB’s work locally contributes to social, environmental and financially sustainable development of the society by being the largest Nordic actor for social infrastructure.
SUSTAINABILITY VISION 2030
SBB owns community service properties in the Nordic region and rental apartments in growing cities in Sweden with the basic concept of long-term ownership and management. Through the company’s extensive social involvement, municipalities and other stakeholders will find a long-term partner in the company. At the UN summit in September 2015, the world’s national leaders adopted 17 global sustainable development goals. The countries of the world have committed to lead the world to a sustainable and fair future from 1 January 2016 until 2030. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development covers the three dimensions of sustainability: social, economic and environmental – Eradicating extreme poverty, reducing inequality and injustice, solving the climate crisis. Sustainability is a natural part of our business model and we strive to be the most sustainable property company in the world.
- Govern the company’s operations in line with the UN global sustainable development goals: (5), (7), (8), (11), (13), (15)
- 100 percent climate neutral by 2030
- Minimizing the risks to the company’s assets by continuously reviewing the climate risks in the property portfolio
- The company’s Code of Conduct, which is based on the UN Global Compact, must be followed and understood by all employees and cooperative partners
- Regularly improving, following up and reporting the company’s sustainability work